Nexicom is a leading Communications service provider in Central Ontario. We provide the latest technology...with a neighbourly touch. We're big enough to provide top-quality service, and small enough to give the one-on-one attention that big city providers can't match. We are currently seeking an: Accountant.
The Accountant will report to the Controller and will strive to develop relationships with the different departments and focus on continuous improvement while completing the following duties.
Job Duties include:
- Creating and processing month-end and year-end journal entries, performing account analyses, completing bank reconciliations and reviewing trial balances and financial and non-financial reporting under the supervision of the Controller;
- Coding invoices and reviewing weekly Accounts Payable to ensure coding is accurate;
- Review journal entries to ensure revenue transferred from billing software to accounting software is accurate;
- Provide support to users of the billing system by creating charges and credit codes;
- Prepare monthly invoices for some vendors;
- Responsible for keeping up to date with applicable Tariff’s and agreements/contracts with third parties including all CCSA (TV subscribers) reporting;
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements monthly and provide analysis;
- Prepare, analyze and present business cases to management and President maybe required.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- College Diploma or University Degree specializing in Accounting/Business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to meet deadlines;
- Self-starter, with proven time-management skills;
- Outstanding analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Superior skills in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills;
- Experience in SAGE300 or ACCPAC an asset;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred.
For interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, by 4:00 pm, April 30, 2019.