Nexicom is looking for a Fibre Splicer.
Nexicom offers a fast paced, high energy, work environment. We offer:
- Competitive wages ranging from $17.50-$28.50/hr. based on skills and experience
- Positive work culture
- Excellent company benefits including both Health and Dental
- Matched Pension Plan
- Yearly performance reviews
- Access to courses and training for continual learning and development
Key responsibilities include:
- Splice and test fiber optic cables in all outside plant applications – aerial, burial and underground, on both newly placed and existing cables
- Analyze test results and have the ability to troubleshoot and correct any faults or defects
- Interpret and understand placing and splicing work plans
- Read and interpret work plans or job specifications to execute all work assigned safely and in accordance to the Company Health and Safety policy
- Work outdoors in various conditions to place copper or fiber optic telecommunication cables
- Climb poles, ladders and a variety of construction equipment to assist in the installation of telecommunication cables and apparatuses
- Accurately record and report project progress to the appropriate supervisory person and communicate any issues or expected delays
This position requires the individual to be on call on a pre-determined schedule.
Two- or three-year college diplomas in a Telecommunications or equivalent.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to move and handle heavy loads (ladders, cable reels, test sets)
- Valid driver’s license (class G) with a clean driving record-DZ/ AZ would be an asset
- Commitment to delivery of superior customer service and the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of service provider technologies including ADSL, VDSL, FTTH, and DOCSIS service delivery platforms. Knowledge of video services like IPTV an asset.
- Knowledge in safe operations of equipment.
One or more years of work experience as a Fibre Splicer.
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Qualified applicants please send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.